1. GAME DURATION: (2 halves with 5 minutes rest)
U5M – U7M U8 – U10/11 U11/12–U18
20 minute halves 25 minute halves 30 minute halves
2. BALL SIZES:
U5M – U7M U8 – U10/11 U11/12 –U18
Use size #3 Use size #4 Use size #5
3. MINIMUM PLAYERS REQUIRED TO PLAY GAME:
a) Mini competition, U5 to U10/11; 5 players (one being the goalie).
b) Full field (11 vs 11), U11/12R - U18R; 7 players (one being the goalie).
4. FOR U5M: NO GOALS CAN BE SCORED DIRECTLY FROM INSIDE THE
GOAL AREA OFFENSIVELY OR DEFENSIVELY.
5. PENALTY & FREE KICKS:
- For U5M – U10/11R, all penalty kicks shall be taken 10 yards from the goal line.
- For U11/12R – U18R, all penalty kicks shall be taken 12 yards from the goal line.
c) For U5M – U10/11R, all free kicks are indirect except if the infraction occurred in the penalty
c) For U11/12R – U18R, free kicks are either indirect or direct depending on the foul (according to FIFA rules).
d) For U5M – U10/11R, all kickoffs are indirect (No scoring directly on kick offs).
6. GOAL KICKS:
A goal kick shall be taken from any point inside the goal area. Opponents must be a minimum of 6.5 yards away from the ball on a mini-field and 10 yards away on a full field.
A goal is not counted until the whole ball crosses over the goal line. There is no Mercy Rule.
There are no offside for mini-soccer. The offside rules apply for the U11/12R and over teams.
Unlimited but they must be done in one of the following conditions:
- a) At your own throw-in. Piggy-back is allowed.
- After a goal is scored.
- Goal kicks.
- At the start of each half.
- As a result of an injury.
Coaches must notify the referee when they wish to make a substitution.
10. PLAYER EQUIPMENT:
a) All players must wear shin guards. Any player without shin guards is prohibited from playing.
b) Soft cleat soccer shoes.
11. HOME TEAM:
a) The first team listed on the schedule is the designated home team.
b) The home team shall provide the game ball.
c) The Convenor at the field shall give the home team the game sheet.
12. ONLY PLAYERS AND REFEREES ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD. A REFEREE MAY ALLOW THE COACH OR APPROPRIATE ADULT TO ENTER THE FIELD TO TEND TO AN INJURED PLAYER.
13. ALL TEAMS MUST BE READY 5 MINUTES BEFORE GAME TIME:
a) GRACE TIME allowed is 5 minutes. Teams failing to meet this grace period will default with the opposing team being awarded a 2 – 0 win.
b) GRACE TIME is only allowed if the minimum number of players required to play have not shown up. There is no GRACE TIME if the minimum noted in rule number 4 has shown up.
c) GRACE TIME MAY BE EXTENDED BY UP TO ONE HOUR BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE. THIS WILL ONLY BE DONE DURING THE QUARTER-FINALS, SEMI-FINALS, AND THE FINALS.
14. QUARTER-FINALS, SEMI-FINALS, AND FINALS:
In the event of a tie at the end of regulation, the game will proceed directly to penalty kicks.
15. OVERTIME PENALTY KICKS:
a) For U5M, penalty kicks are taken without a goalie.
16. POINT SYSTEM:
a) 3 points for a win.
b) 1 point for a tie.
c) 0 points for a loss.
17. GROUP STANDINGS DURING THE PRELIMINARY ROUND:
a) Winner of game between tied teams.
b) Goal differential (goals scored minus goals against).
c) Total goals scored.
d) Total goals against.
e) Total shutouts.
f) Penalty kicks.
18. PLAYER, COACHES, AND PARENT CONDUCT:
a) Coaches are responsible for their team’s behaviour on and off the field
b) Abusive language, harassment and arguing with the Referees and/or Convenors will not be tolerated.
c) All players, coaches, and spectators are to maintain a professional attitude and act in a manner becoming a good member of the club.
19. WEATHER CONDITIONS
a) In a case of a rain out, the game would be considered complete if 60% of the game
has been played.
40 minute game it would be at 24 minute mark.
50 minute game it would be at 30 minute mark.
60 minute game it would be at 36 minute mark.
20. TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE
a) Players, coaches, and parents shall respect and abide by these tournament rules. Unless overridden by one of the above tournament rules, the games shall be governed by
b) All complaints and/or disputes shall be directed to the Tournament Committee.
c) All decisions and rulings rendered by the Tournament Committee are final.
d) All teams and coaches agree to abide by the Tournament Committee decisions.
- First caution and second caution in tournament, no action. Third caution, one game suspension. Each caution thereafter, another game suspension.
- First dismissal, one game suspension. Second dismissal, suspended for remainder of tournament.
- Any assaults on a game official, whether physical or verbal, suspended for remainder of tournament.
- Game abandoned by a team, team suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
- For dismissal, assault, and/or abandonment misconducts, team may appeal to the Tournament Committee after paying a $50 appeal fee. If the team wins a reduction in the penalty, $25 is reimbursed. There are no appeals for caution misconduct.
ANY RULES NOT LISTED ABOVE WILL BE GOVERNED BY FIFA’S LAWS OF THE GAME OF SOCCER.