Below is a quicklist of many frequently asked questions we receive during the registration and playing season:
1. How can I register my child?
Registration is always available at the Vaughan Soccer Club office during our regular business hours. For office hours please check our web-site www.vaughansoccer.com
Registration is also available on the week ends at various locations. Please check our web-site for the locations dates and time
Registration is also available on-line. A link to our on-line registration is available on our web-site
2. What methods of payment does the Vaughan Soccer Club accept?
Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Cheque or Cash. (If you are paying cash we ask that you please have exact change.)
Requests during Registration
1. Can my daughter/son be placed with their sibling?
Only if the age groups they belong two have no more of an age difference of two years. (Example: a boy who is turning 8 years old in the current playing year can play up one year to play with his 9 year old brother. HOWEVER if his older brother is turning 10 years in the current playing year your 8 year old son cannot play with his brother because the age group is 10/11 Boys and 8 years old to 11 years old is a 3 year difference.
2. Can my daughter/son be placed on the same team as his/her friend?
Yes, we allow two children to be placed together OR a coach, assistant coach and sponsor combination for one team
3. How do I request my child to play with his/her friend?
Each child must fill out and attach a request form to their registration form AS WELL AS register at the same time as their request.
4. Can my child request a specific coach?
No, unfortunately we do not accept requests for coaches unless the child’s parent/guardian/cousin is going to be assistant coaching with the coach and the coach has also requested them back
5. Can I choose/request specific nights for my child to play?
Only the U4 Mixed, U5 Mixed, U6 Mixed and U7 Boys age groups can choose whether they would like to play/practice Mondays and Wednesdays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays
6. Can I choose/request a specific time for my child to play?
7. Can I choose/request a specific field for my child to play on?
8. Can I choose the colour jersey or pick the uniform size for my child?
No, there are specific sizes for each age group pre ordered.
During the season
1. What happens if my child’s request isn’t on my child’s team?
On the request form submitted with your child’s registration there is a section that states “If request is not approved should the VSC still process payment and play child on team?”
- If you clicked “yes” – we are very sorry the request wasn’t accommodated but by clicking yes you have agreed for us to place you child on another team to play and have processed your payment. There is nothing else the office can do to accommodate your request. Your only options are to play or request a refund less the administration fee.
- If you clicked “no” – please inform the soccer office of this oversight and if you request cannot be accommodated you will receive a full refund.]
2. What do I do if I don’t receive a call from the coach or if I can’t remember my child’s team name?
3. Where can I access my child’s playing schedule?
All schedules are online in the tab on the left labeled “schedules and standings”. All you need to access your team’s schedule is your child’s age group and team name. Every schedule is equipped with team names, times, game schedules, and maps to each field.
4. Where can I access the picture day schedule?
Go to www.vaughansoccer.com and on the main page there will be a link a couple weeks before picture day
5. What do I do if I want to get a refund?
6. What do I do if I have a complaint about my coach, a ref, a field, another parent or the club in general?